Yolanda F. Angara
2nd Floor Executive Bldg.
Municipal Plaza, Baler, Aurora
I. Functional Statement:
The Municipal Social Welfare & Development Office is responsible to provide social protection and promote the rights and welfare of the poor, vulnerable and the disadvantaged individual, family and community to contribute to poverty alleviation and empowerment thru social welfare and development policies, programs, projects and services.
To provide intervention/opportunities that will uplift the living conditions of the distressed and disadvantaged individuals, families, groups and communities and enable them to become self-reliant and actively participate in national development.
1. To care, protect and rehabilitate the physical and mentally handicapped and socially disabled constituents for effective social functioning.
2. To coordinate the service facilities required from such department, agencies, GO’s and NGOs for the provision of an integrated welfare package to its constituents on the basis of their needs;
3. To arrest the further deterioration of the socially disabling or dehumanizing conditions of the disadvantaged segment at the community level; and
4. To advocate for policies and measures addressing social welfare concern.
5. To facilitate data management system for social welfare programs for poverty reduction.