Gemma B. Villareal
Ground Floor Executive Bldg.
Municipal Plaza, Baler, Aurora
I. Functional Statement:
The Accounting Office shall be responsible for the accounting and internal audit services of the Municipality.
1. To ensure that an internal control system is properly installed and effectively implemented for greater transparency and accountability;
2. Provide for control on the acts of public officials and officers in the receipt, disposition and utilization of funds and property;
3. To maintain an updated financial data and to generate real time and accurate financial reports that provides the necessary information needed for fiscal planning and financial management for sound decision making.
4. Report on the financial position/condition and result of operation of the Municipality; and
5. To promote high standards of technical competence by developing the capability of the accounting personnel in the use of state-of-the-art accounting practices in local government.